Sunday, March 16, 2014

A Letter to God!!

This piece of work is from a  famous Gujarati artist, found it to be so touching that I wanted to share with all:

A letter to God by a 7th grade student:

To
Mr God;
Heaven,
Opp Hell,
P.O Sky

My Dear Friend God,

Jai Bharat!

I am a poor student studying in Std. 7 in a municipal school which is near to your magnificent temple.

My Father is a Laborer in Grains Market and my Mother is a Maid working in different houses. “Why do I go to School?” even my parents don’t know. May be due to Government incentives and free Mid Day meals for students at school my parents force me to go to school.
Almighty, I want to ask you a few questions. This is the reason for writing this letter to you. My teacher told me that you always pay attention to heartfelt grievances:

Q1. Daily evening I come to your temple and every morning I regularly attend School. But O God! You have a beautiful marble in floor as well as ceiling and that too with A.C. whereas in my School we don’t even have a proper roof. Every monsoon water leaks from roof. I can’t understand this disparity.

Q2. You are daily offered so many delicacies and you don’t even care to even touch them. On the other hand in my School during Meal time I hardly get a fistful of rice. I am always hungry. WHY?

Q3. My kid sister’s frock is torn and we don’t have enough resources to patch it. You have best and most beautiful clothes. Frankly speaking I come to your temple daily not to meet you but to have a look at your clothes and jewelry.

Q4. Whenever there is an occasion thousands of people throng at your temple. On 26th January and 15th August when I present my Patriotic Song (Which I practice before two months) only my teachers and co students are there. Not single people from your thousands come to my Temple, Sorry School.

Q5. You might feel offended, but in my village there is a 5 Star Temple whereas my Primary School is like an ordinary temple. Dear God, I have heard that your statue is our creation and you are extremely beautiful with a glowing skin and your creation i.e. us are very dirty and dull. Why so?

If possible please reply to my questions. It will help me in my annual exams. God, I want to study further, I dream of becoming a Doctor but my parents don’t have tuition fees. Even if you send me a single day collection of Donation at your temple, it would be enough to take care of my entire studies. I know you will have to take permission from many. But if you don’t take my care in my 7th Std. exams then my parents will force me to do a job in a local tea stall opp. to your magnificent temple at a overwhelming daily wage of Rs. 5. I will daily serve tea to your rich and affluent devotees but I will never talk with you again.

Please hurry up as both of us have little time left.

A poor student of Government Municipal School
Or
A future Laborer of India
Vande Matram!

1 comment:

manvi sharma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.