Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Life is a race!!

I read this message few days back and found it to be worth sharing:

I was jogging one day and I noticed a person in front of me, about 1/4 of mile.

I could tell he was running a little slower than me and I thought "Good, i shall try to catch him."

I had about a mile to go my path before I needed to turn off.

So, I started running faster and faster.
With every block, I was gaining on him, just a little bit.

After just a few minutes, I was only about 100 yards behind him, so I really picked up the pace and pushed myself.
It was as if I was running like in the last leg of an Olympic competition. I was determined to catch him.

Finally, I did it. I passed him by. Internally, I felt so good that "I beat him". Of course, he didn't even know we were racing.

After I passed him, I realized that I had been so focused on competing against him, that I had missed my turn.

I had gone nearly six blocks past it. I had to turn around and go all back.

--------------------------------

Isn't this exactly same as that happening in our life, when we focus on competing with co-workers, neighbours, friends, family, trying to outdo them or trying to prove that we are more successful or more important...?

We spend our time and energy running after them and we miss out on our own paths to our God given destinies.

The problem with any such unhealthy
competition is that its a never ending cycle.

There will always be somebody ahead of you, someone with better job, nicer car, more money in the bank, more education, a prettier wife, a more handsome husband, better behaved children, etc.

But, realize that
"You can be the best that you can be, you are not competing with no one else."

Some people are insecure, because they pay too much attention to what others are doing, where others are going, wearing & driving.

Take what God has given you, the height, the weight & the personality...!

Dress well & wear it proudly...! You'll be blessed by it...!

Stay focused and live a healthy life...!

There's no competition in DESTINY...!

Run your own RACE and wish others WELL...!

4 comments:

Satish said...

True!...
Something may people realize at the late stages of life.
Life becomes really beautiful when we realize it.We will start living fully, each and every bit of it.
Good post Ruchik!

Desikan said...

Very True. Good that you realised it at early stages of your life. God Bless.

Unknown said...

hey..ruchik...let me introduce you to sadhguru...I have learned lots of good points from him...he is my guru n god for me...:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy82cUhbyVU

Anonymous said...

This supposedly African proverb is apt for this post:
If you want to go quick run alone, if you want to go far walk with others.